iPhone Fixes released
Do the bugs in your iPhone 3G irritate you? Me too. Be irritated no more; Apple have launched firmware version 2.1 which should fix all your woes!
One of the most important fixes is the issue of battery life in the latest iPhone. According the firmware upgrade, most users will see significant improvements…the jury is out for now. In addition, the number of dropped calls and application crashes has been reduced.
Here’s the full list of fixes, pulled off the Apple site:
* Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
* Significantly better battery life for most users
* Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
* Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
* Faster installation of 3rd party applications
* Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
* Improved performance in text messaging
* Faster loading and searching of contacts
* Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
* Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
* Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
* Genius playlist creation
You’ll also find a step by step on how to install the update here - scroll down to the bottom of the page.